Tagged: 19, fluid-dynamics, General, meshing
April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
Here is how you can read .mshdb files into WorkBench meshing. 1. You will need to convert .mshdb file into .meshdat file first since you cannot read .mshdb file directly into workbench. 2. Copy the .mshdb file from your corrupted WorkBench folder and paste it outside of it. This file is generally located in the design point folder (dpX, where ‘X’ stands for the design point number). ‘dpX’ -> ‘global’ -> ‘MECH’. 3. After copying the file, change the file association from .mshdb to .meshdat. This will change and add the WorkBench meshing icon to this new file extension. 4. Now, open a fresh WorkBench session and use the ‘File’ -> ‘Import’ option to load the .meshdat file. If your .mshdb file isn’t corrupted, you should be able to load the file correctly and modify your mesh settings and named selections in meshing.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.