March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Some settings of your Windows environment should be checked before installing ANSYS Products to ensure an installation without errors. It is highly recommended to disable the User Account Control (UAC) before installing the ANSYS Products. That means the slider of UAC should be on ‘Never Notify’. If you are not allowed to disable the UAC, additional considerations have to be taken into account when you are installing the ANSYS Products. These considerations are explained in the ANSYS, Inc. Installation Guide for Windows (Chapter 2: Platform Details – Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 User Account Control (UAC)). Please note the ANSYS Products and ANSYS License Manager use the IPv4 protocol. For this reason, it is recommended to disable the IPv6 protocol. The first step to disable this protocol is: â€¢ From the Start menu, select Control Panel. â€¢ Open Network and Sharing Center. â€¢ On the left, select Change adapter settings. â€¢ Right-click the connection for which you want to disable IPv6, and select Properties. â€¢ Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click OK. The second step requires a modification of your registry. Before any modifications of the registry, it is recommended to back up your registry. The procedure is explained on: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756 How to disable IPv6 in the registry is explained on: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.