How to plot Frequency response graphs in harmonic analysis in a local coordinate system using Mechanical?
Tagged: frequency-response, harmonic-analysis
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
In Mechanical, Frequency Response graphs are always processed in the GLOBAL coordinate system, even if the nodes are rotated to any local coordinate system.
In Mechanical APDL /POST26 graphs are always in the Solution coordinate system. Nodal quantities are reported in the NODAL coordinate system. If the nodes are rotated to a local coordinate system then /POST26 graphs are in the local coordinate system.
At present, it’s not possible to plot the Frequency response graphs on the local coordinate system, but it’s possible to inset a Command snippet and take a snapshot from /POST26 and make it available in Mechanical as a figure. Alternatively, one can read the .rst into MAPDL and process the model in Mechanical APDL using /POST26.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.