Tagged: ansys-spaceclaim, Boolean Operations, combine, interference, Subtract
June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
You can use couple of features in SCDM as mentioned below:
1. Interference tool (from Prepare tab) – This tool automatically detects intersecting region between 2 bodies and subtracts the smaller body from bigger body. The behavior can also be reversed when the option ‘Subtract from smaller body’ is checked
2. Combine tool (from Design tab) – In this tool, you can first select the outer body and then select the inner body to subtract it. After subtraction, the intersecting region will be separated out as a new body which can be deleted later. When it is not clear which intersecting body is the biggest, prefer using the Combine tool, since you will be able to indicate which body will be subtracted from the other
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS Workbench CAD Interface for NX: How To Create Named Selections and Parameters
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I make Cross section easier to view (not in drawing sheets)?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Imprinting Geometry
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How to hide coordinate system?
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Midsurfacing
- ANSYS AIM: Convergence Tips for a Fluid Flow Simulation
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.