How to open Workbench projects from File Explorer in Windows 10 using the “Open With” right-mouse-click option
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Usually, Workbench projects can be opened with ANSYS 2020 R1/R2 through the “Open With” right mouse click option without any problems. However, sometimes older versions such as v19.2 are not available in the “Open With” list although the package has been installed. To add the missing Ansys Workbench to the list: 1. Start the Windows registry editor by opening a command prompt and executing the command regedit 2. The registry editor will open. Navigate to the registry key for the wbpj file extension: ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerFileExts.wbpjOpenWithProgids 3. Add binary keys with the default value for the installed ANSYS versions you want to add to the list. For instance: – for version 2019 R3: ANSYS 2019 R3 .wbpj File – for version 19.2: ANSYS v192 .wbpj File 4. Repeat step 3 for wbpz file extension Now, the versions 2019 R3 and 19.2 should be available when right mouse click on a wbpj or wbpz files and selection the “open With” option Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/how-to-include-an-application-on-the-open-with-dialog-box Before editing the Windows Registry consult with your IT personnel as editing the registry could cause harm to your system.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
- Importing Zuken into ANSYS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.