June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
1. Move the component within the assembly – Select the component from the structure tree and click Move to change its location
2. Move the solid body within the component – Open the individual component (click RMB on component and select “Open Component”) and move the Solid geometry What you will notice is that if you open an individual component, it has its own coordinate system. Every item (Solid, Surface, Curve, etc) can be moved inside of a model. This affects its position relative to its own coordinate system. In the assembly, you mostly deal with the main coordinate system. However, if you open a single component and move the solid body, you may notice a change in the position within the assembly. This can be prevented by defining assembly conditions like Align, Orient, and Tangent in order to reduce the degrees of freedom.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Workbench CAD Interface for NX: How To Create Named Selections and Parameters
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How to hide coordinate system?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Imprinting Geometry
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- How to invert selected edges/faces/bodies?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Weld Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS Workbench CAD Interface for CATIA: How To Create Named Selections and Parameters