June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
For Fluent 18.1 and 18.2 there is a pre-defined report definition called “per-pr-grad”. This is renamed to “periodic-pressure-gradient” in Fluent 19.0. You can use this definition to crate your monitors and write the result into a file. For Fluent 18.0 and before or for UDF access refer to solution 1119. Note that there is a defect in the parallel versions of Fluent 18.1 and 18.2. The pressure gradient is always reported as zero. This is just a display defect that doesn’t exist for the serial versions. Run at least one iteration in serial to update the value. Note that for Fluent 18.2 the behavior for the serial version changed. Start Fluent parallel with zero compute nodes (startup option -t0) to access the legacy serial version. This does not apply to Fluent 18.1.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?