June 6, 2022 at 8:32 amFAQParticipant
1. Create a monitor point at the desired location. Add all Total Mesh Displacement variables to the Output Variables List. Set Interpolation Type = Nearest Vertex and Position Update Frequency = Initial Mesh Only (This will make the monitor stick to a node).
2. Create an expression (Expression 1 in this example), that is equal to: probe(Initial Y)@Monitor Point 1+probe(Total Mesh Displacement Y)@Monitor Point 1. This will return the Y position of Monitor Point 1. This method is required since it’s not possible to directly monitor position of a monitor point with probe(Y)@Monitor Point 1.
3. Create a new monitor point with Option = Expression and set the Expression Value equal to the expression created in step 2.
4. Repeat steps 2, 3 for the X, Z coordinates.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.