Tagged: 2021 R1, Explicit - LS-DYNA, lsdyna, mechanical, structural-mechanics
April 13, 2023 at 7:32 amSolutionParticipant
Assuming a line body is created under the geometry to represent cable elements, the user can use the following steps to add bending stiffness to the cable elements if required by one’s application: 1.On the CAD level (e.g., SCDM, DM) make a duplicate of the line body 2.Create a new cross-section for beam elements 3.Update Mechanical and then generate the same mesh for both line bodies 4.Merge Nodes of both line bodies User can adjust the beam radius in the new cross-section to modify the bending stiffness of the line body. Make sure to adjust the material density so that the combined mass of both line bodies is equal to the actual mass of the original cable. The archived project is attached to demo the process.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.