How to Model a Real Gas Mixture of Known Composition with the Van der Waals or Benedict-Webb-Rubin (BWR) Equations of State in CFX
June 6, 2022 at 8:32 amFAQParticipant
There is no built-in equation of state for Van der Waals or BWR fluids; real gases are generally modeled with Redlich-Kwong or other available variants of the Van der Waals equation. If the unavailable equations of state are specifically required, however, there are two workarounds for this issue:
1 .Create expressions for Density, Cp, Viscosity, and Thermal Conductivity. These can be regular CEL expressions or, if necessary, you can write a User CEL function (which can be used in an expression) in FORTRAN for more complex logic. If the models are very complicated and require an iterative solver or root finder, this approach is not always appropriate.
2. For more complex equations of state, the best approach is to create a Real Gas Properties file (.rgp) with an appropriate table of properties. The format and organization of the RGP file is outlined in our documentation.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1