How to measure the distance between mesh regions in CFX-Pre so that a mesh can be translate to touch another mesh
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
In CFX-Pre you may need to translate a mesh so that it touches another mesh. This is done by right clicking on the mesh object in the Outline view and selecting Transform Mesh. Sometimes the exact translation distance may not be obvious. This distance can be calculated with the following steps: 1. In the Outline view, expand the mesh so that all the mesh regions are visible. 2. Right click on the mesh region for one side of the interface and select Mesh Statistics. 3. The min and max x,y,z coordinates of that mesh region will be shown. 4. Repeat step 2 for the other side of the interface. 5. Use the reported min and max values to get the distance between sides of the interface.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1