January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
The License Queuing option allows an ANSYS process to wait (queue) for an available license in the event all licenses are checked out (for example to run an ANSYS Fluent calculation). To activate this option, the ANSWAIT environment variable has to be set to a value of 1. -On Windows: Configuration Panel > System > Advanced System Parameter > Environment Variables, and creating the variable ANSWAIT with the value “1”. -On Linux: using a script file (.cshrc, .bashrc, etc.) to set the environment variable. For example adding the following line in a .cshrc file: setenv ANSWAIT 1 Then processes, which are in queue, can be checked in one of two ways: -Interactively in the License Manager, menu View Status/Diagnostic Options >>> Display Queued Licenses -By the following command: [PATH]/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/[arch]/ansysli_util -printqueueusage With [PATH]: the path where ANSYS products are installed [arch]: system architecture (winx64, linx64, etc.)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
- Importing Zuken into ANSYS
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- License Reporting in ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS License Manager: Configuring Firewall Exceptions on Windows