January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
For a typical example of a Steel suction-pile structure interacting with soil, one can define orthotropic friction that is a function of sliding distance. Check TBFIELD command in Ansys/Help for more details at, https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v192/ans_cmd/Hlp_C_TBFIELD.html?q=TBFIELD . This can be added with Command Snippet using APDL Commands in Mechanical. Above example is suitable if the user wants nonlinear relationship of force-deflection to mimic the soil interaction. On the other hand, if the Steel suction-pile is dragging on the seabed and has nonlinear relationship of coefficient of friction with respect to sliding distance, this is treated differently via TBFIELD and contact. For more details on Pile Structure and Soil modeling please refer the following link to a Technology Demonstration Guide: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v194/ans_tec/tecsuction.html
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.