January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
In case of low internal emissivity (=high reflectivity) on many surfaces in the domain the radiosity solver might still converge to the default radiosity residual of 1E-3, but the radiation heat rate report might still show a significant imbalance. To improve the radiation balance the “Residual Convergence Criteria” should be set to a lower value, i.e 1E-5. In order to achieve this value more radiation solver iterations might be required. So at the same time also the “Maximum Number of Radiation Iterations” should be increased, i.e. from the default value of 5 to a value of 30 or even 50. When convergence problems with radiation do occur, it might be helpful to investigate the radiation solver convergence alone. To do that the solution of the fluid and turbulence equations can be temporarily disabled in the Solution/Controls/Equations menu. Just deselect Flow and Turbulence, i.e. keep only Energy active. This will freeze the velocity and turbulence fields, but still have their influence included in the energy equation. Please remember to activate Flow and Turbulence again for convergence of the full system. Keywords: radiation; S2S; surface to surface; surface-to-surface; convergence; imbalance
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Simulating Battery Pack Cooling System Using Ansys Fluent
- Thermal Analysis of a Radiator Using Ansys Fluent
- Defining heat transfer coefficient (HTC)
- ANSYS Fluent Student: Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Heat Sink
- ANSYS Fluent: Overview of the Mapped Interface Technique for CHT Simulations (18.2)
- How to set up a heat source in CFX in a subdomain that results in a constant temperature
- Tips for resolving unphysical temperatures and poor convergence with CHT cases.
- Plate Heat Exchanger Solver Setup in ANSYS Student – Part 1
- What are the TUI commands to enable / disable Shell Conduction?
- How much number of faces per cluster value should be used for S2S radiation model in ANSYS Fluent?