June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
In SCDM, we can open a text file (*.txt) containing the points coordinates of curves. It will generate automatically the curves. From the menu File > Open, select “All Files” filter and select a .txt file. The syntax in the file for 2D curves is the following:
polyline=false 1 1.5 2.0
1 1.0 3.2
1 0.5 2.1
2 0.3 4.2
2 4.8 1.9
The first column contains the number (ID) of the generated line, the second column the x-coordinate and the third column the y-coordinate.
The file format for 3D curve is the following:
0 0 1
0 1.5 1.2
1.5 0 2.3
1 1.5 4.2
1.5 1.2 5.1
2.3 4.2 6.2
5.7 3.1 2.6
With the option 3d=true, the different curves are delimited by a linebreak. The first column contains the z-coordinate, the second column the x-coordinate and the third column the y-coordinate of the points.
If we attempt to import only points, we should leave a linebreak after each coordinate data.
For more details on keywords and text file import option, please refer to the following section of the SCDM help: File Operations > Importing and exporting > Point curve text
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I make Cross section easier to view (not in drawing sheets)?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Midsurfacing
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Imprinting Geometry
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- ANSYS AIM: Convergence Tips for a Fluid Flow Simulation
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I reset the toolbar docking layout?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Weld Feature