January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
In SCDM, we can open a text file (*.txt) containing the points coordinates of curves. It will generate automatically the curves. From the menu File > Open, select “All Files” filter and select a .txt file. The syntax in the file for 2D curves is the following: polyline=false 1 1.5 2.0 1 1.0 3.2 1 0.5 2.1 2 0.3 4.2 2 4.8 1.9 The first column contains the number (ID) of the generated line, the second column the x-coordinate and the third column the y-coordinate. The file format for 3D curve is the following: polyline=false 3d=true 0 0 1 0 1.5 1.2 1.5 0 2.3 1 1.5 4.2 1.5 1.2 5.1 2.3 4.2 6.2 5.7 3.1 2.6 With the option 3d=true, the different curves are delimited by a linebreak. The first column contains the z-coordinate, the second column the x-coordinate and the third column the y-coordinate of the points. If we attempt to import only points, we should leave a linebreak after each coordinate data. For more details on keywords and text file import option, please refer to the following section of the SCDM help: File Operations > Importing and exporting > Point curve text
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?