How to identify the control volumes having a variable value say less than 0.12 and how to add these control volume together?
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
Define a custom field function, let’s say called ‘switch’, and set that equal to (1 / 2) * (1 + (0.12 – UDM0) / Abs(0.12 – UDM0)) Notice that this expression is defined this way so that switch will be equal to 1 when UDM0 < 0.12, and equal to 0 when UDM0 > 0.12 Now you can go to Reports > Volume Integrals Report Type = Volume Integral, Field Variable = Custom Field Functions > switch, Select the Cell Zones. Then click on Compute. This will give you the total volume of all cells where UDM0 < 0.12.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?