How to handle the following error: *** Error 70021 (OTH+21) Memory is set 3717636 words short memory size 70000000 Increase the memory size by one of the following where #### is the number of words requested: 1) On the command line set – memory=#### 2) In the input file define memory with *KEYWORD i.e., *KEYWORD #### or *KEYWORD memory=####
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
The set up was 70 mega words for memory, but it complains it is still 3717636 words short. You might want to start with a larger number, 200 mega words. In Workbench Ls-Dyna, go to Analysis Settings, then “CPU and Memory Management”, for Memory Allocation, change the programmed controlled to Manual, then put 200 over there, (200 means 200 Mo). This could have two issues. The Ls-Dyna solver does not do whole model memory allocation in one step, so you might need to iterate a few times to allocate enough memory for the solve to properly start. There might also be errors in the model. You need to review the whole output file and check that there are no other errors present.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?