How to handle the error message for an expression that is unused and has been removed? Error at Node 0: Error at Node 1: Invalid expression : Speed Invalid expression : Speed
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The listed error message might appear when an expression was applied in some definition (cell zone setting, boundary condition, …) but then the setting has been disabled and the expression has been deleted. In this case the expression is still listed in the unused (and hence unvisible) setting. An example is when Frame Motion was specified with the velocity defined by an expression, i.e. “Speed”. When the Frame Motion is disabled, the expression will be shown as not used (“Used in : 0 places”). So there are no active uses, but there is still an inactive use in the hidden Frame Motion setting. If the expression is deleted, the mentioned error message will appear due to the still existing inactive use of the expression. This can be easily fixed by either re-creating the expression or by removing the inactive use of the expression. In the above example this means to activate Frame Motion again, replace the expression “Speed” by a constant value and then deactivating Frame Motion again.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1