Tagged: 19.2, mechanical, static, structural-and-thermal, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
If one add or modify a Named Selection after solve, it won’t work because the Named Selection is stored in the result file, so one need to define all Named Selections (components) prior to solving. (A workaround is to write out the ds.dat and open it in a new Mechanical APDL session; then copy the file.db to the solver directory and add a RESUME command – this way, the database file (file.db) contains the modified Named Selection which can be read in not from the result file but from the database file via RESUME command.)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Stress Concentration Tips & Tricks
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.