- Free Courses
- Learning Tracks
- Ansys Learning Hub
June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
The maxVal, minVal functions won’t return nodal data. Value ranges reported by the function calculator may differ from the values shown by a contour. The function calculator results are based on cell/face values while contours show values based on either cell/face values or node values; for details, see Variable Location: Vertex and Face Options. However the max/min values can be retrieved with a Perl script that can run in CFD-Post. Please write a Perl script which would do the following:
1. Create a contour of nodal data on the desired surface for a given variable.
2. The data for the contour will be exported to a .csv file.
3. The script would parse the .csv file for the min and max values.
4. Expressions would be created and set equal to the retrieved min and max values.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How to get information about mesh cell count and cell types in Fluent?
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulation of a Rotating Propeller – Part 2
- ANSYS EnSight: Overview of Postprocessing a Fluent Case in EnSight
- How can I read a number of Fluent transient data files into CFD-Post as a single case?
- How to create an Isovolume based on criteria from multiple variables
- Add Annotation to Graphics Display within Fluent
- Display Multiple Plots in the Same Scene using Overlays in Fluent
- ANSYS CFX: User Locations in Transient Simulations
- Comparison of Experimental and CFD data within ANSYS EnSight
- Creating a User Surface in ANSYS CFD Post-processing