June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
Polyhedral cell type can be a good choice for Fluent solver but Workbench Meshing does not support it. In order to overcome that limitation an ACT application was created. That application enables users to setup the mesh in Workbench Meshing interface and upon update it launches Fluent Meshing in batch mode to generate the mesh. The application “Workbench Poly Meshing for Fluent” is available for download on the ANSYS AppStore : https://appstore.ansys.com . Applications can be sorted by family “Fluid” to find it faster. Together with the application installation files you will get installation guidance and documentation to use the App. The App can be loaded automatically at each Workbench opening once the option has been activated in the ACT Start Page. The App is compatible with persistent update in Workbench without the need to generate scripts in Fluent Meshing, so there is no need to know Fluent Meshing interface. The App is regularly improved and updated on the Customer Portal. There are multiple versions of the App for the different Workbench versions.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?