June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
When running Fluent from inside ANSYS Workbench on Linux. Hardware graphics rendering can fail with the error, The Fluent application failed to start. This error can sometimes be prevented by switching to software rendering mode The Fluent x11 software rendering mode can be specified inside Workbench as follows. Open Workbench Open a Fluent set of cells Right Click the Fluent setup cell and choose, edit In the resulting Fluent launcher, choose +, Show More Options Select the Environment tab Add the following entry HOOPS_PICTURE=x11/lin Alternatively, set the following shell environment variable, before running Workbench C Shell setenv HOOPS_PICTURE x11/lin Bourne and Bash Shells export HOOPS_PICTURE=x11/lin
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?