Tagged: ansys-fluent, error, Overlapping Geometry
June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
Meshing application issues this error message to alert the user that same geometrical entity is selected in two different Named Selections. This is problematic as Named Selections are used to apply boundary conditions and having one edge/face in two different Named Selections may lead to conflicting conditions assigned to the same boundary. Therefore this issue must be resolved before exporting the mesh in a solver-readable format. You can resolve this issue by identifying the overlapping geometry in Named Selections. You can right click on Named Selections and select Repair Overlapping Named Selections. This will repair overlapping named selection problem and you can proceed to solver.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- How to Fix the Error: “Mesh Exporter does not Support Overlapping Geometry in Named Selections”?
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: ANSYS Workbench Integration with Replay Control
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Swept Multizone Meshing
- Why my 2D mesh is appearing as a 3D mesh with a thickness of one cell in Workbench Meshing?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.