How to extract an expression value in a CFX-Pre session file and to assign this to a parameter setting which does not otherwise accept expressions, like the maximum number of iterations?
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
Typically the Power Syntax command getExprVal() is applied to extract values from an expression. However, this is not available in CFX-Pre session files. The better alternative is to use the command, as this can be used more generally. Please find below an example in which an expression “VarIter” is stored in a Perl variable and then applied to the solver control parameter “Maximum Number of Iterations”. This parameter does not accept expressions in CFX-Pre, so only with such a session file this parameter can be set controlled by other variables. ! ($VarIter,$units) = evaluate(“VarIter”); FLOW: Flow Analysis 1 &replace SOLVER CONTROL: CONVERGENCE CONTROL: Maximum Number of Iterations = $VarIter END # CONVERGENCE CONTROL: END # SOLVER CONTROL: END # FLOW:Flow Analysis 1 > update
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?