Tagged: 2021 R2, fluent, fluent-post-processing, fluid-dynamics, post-processing
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
The heat flux on internals / interiors is not computed during the run and you are therefore not able to post process it directly. However, as a workaround you can use a Named Expression like: Sum(SpecificEnthalpy,[‘interface’],Weight =’MassFlowRate’). Be aware this expression is an approximation that does not include radiative and diffusive terms, but only the convective part. Also, this expression is only an approximation which shows limitations in accuracy for flow that is tangential to the internal but is quite accurate if you have a flow normal to the internal. As a result, you should place internals in a way that the main flow path is normal to them if possible. Keywords: Fluent; heat flux; internal; internals; interior; interiors; zone; zones; surface; surfaces; convection; convective; flux; process; post-process
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.