January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
To estimate the total volumetric heating due to a ‘constant’ volumetric heat generation source term (in W/m^3), the first step is to evaluate the total volume of the cell zone. You can do this from the ‘Post Processing’ tab in Fluent. Go to: Post Processing -> Reports -> Volume Integrals. Select ‘Volume’ under ‘Report type’ and pick the cell zone on which the constant volumetric heating rate is applied. This would evaluate the volume of this cell zone. Multiplying the volume of cell zone with the specified constant volumetric heat generation rate (in W/m^3) will provide the overall volumetric heat (in W). If the volumetric heat generation rate (in W/m^3) is not constant, we will have to use a UDF to estimate the total rate. The UDF will estimate the heating (in W) on a control volume basis and then will add up all these values to provide an overall estimate. Keywords: Volumetric heating, constant volumetric heat generation, Fluent post processing
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1