Tagged: 16, fluent, fluid-dynamics, General, General - FLUENT, turbulence
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Known Parameters: density (rho), kinetic viscosity (mu), free stream velocity (U_inf), characteristic length scale (L), and the desired y plus (y+). Find: the first cell height (y). The Reynolds number is Re = rho * U_inf * L / mu. The skin friction coefficient C_f can be calculated from Re. For example, for flow on a plate, we have the following formula: C_f = 0.058*Re^(-0.2). For internal flows, we have: C_f = 0.079*Re^(-0.25), in which Re is based on pipe diameter. Use C_f to predict the wall shear stress tao_w: tao_w = 0.5*C_f * rho*U_inf^2. From tao_w compute the velocity U_tao: U_tao = sqrt(tao_w/rho) . Then, the first cell height can be calculated as: y = y+ * mu / (U_tao * rho).
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.