March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
The relative orientation of bodies in an Assembly is defined on the Component level. Each Component is a container which stores this information. Therefore it is also a difference if the “Move” operation is applied to a Component or a body. When opening a component separately with “Open Component” then the bodies in this Component are shown in the original coordinate system of the Component. If, for example, Fluent Meshing is started from such individual Components, i.e. each one opened with Open Component and then calling Fluent Meshing, then the resulting meshes might not be aligned correctly to each other anymore, as the local coordinate systems might be different to the global coordinate system of the assembly. If it is required to start Fluent Meshing from the Component view, then the following steps can be done to ensure a consistent orientation of all meshes: 1. Move all Bodies to one single Component. With this, all bodies get transformed to the same local coordinate system. 2. If necessary, organize the bodies again by moving them to new components, i.e. do not use the original components anymore. The new components inherit the local coordinate system orientation.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?