January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The left handed faces are normally generated while creating nonconformal mesh interface with turns and bends. Left handed faces should always be fixed before going for solution. Left handed faces may be immediately fixed using the following TUI command: /mesh/repair-improve/repair Many times, the above TUI command helps in avoiding the left handed faces, but it can also fail in some situations. In that case, one needs to look at the face mesh of the interfaces and check for the following: 1. Topology of the grid 2. Surface mesh of the grid where skewness may be high The following approach is helpful to examine the area where you are getting the left handed faces. 0. Initialize the case first. 1. Go to Adapt–>Iso-values. 2. Select Mesh in the Iso-value of drop down menu. 3. Select Face handedness from the drop down menu below that. 4. Enter 1 for Max as well as Min value in the Iso-min and Iso-max input box (face-Handedness is a parameter that is equal to one in cells that are adjacent to left-handed faces, and zero elsewhere.) 5. Press mark. 6. Go to manage in the same panel. 7. Click on the display button to see where the negative volumes are forming.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1