March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Although parts seem to be empty it is possible that there is still linked information sometimes. It is also possible that you have dormant entities in these “empty” families, which are not directly visible. Use the following procedure to get rid of empty parts: 1. Close the mesh with File / Mesh / Close 2. Display only the parts which you want to delete, e.g. which are assumed to be empty, in the Parts tree 3. In Geometry make all types of entities visible. If there is something visible, then the part is not empty and the entity should be moved to the correct part or getting deleted. 4. Display the dormant entities by using the right mouse click on the Points and on the Curves in the Geometry tree. Select for both types the option “Show Dormant” and “Show Point/Curve Names”, which makes it easier to find the entities in the viewer, in case they are very small. 5. Delete the visible (dormant) entities. Please take care that the option “Delete Permanently” is active, otherwise they will remain dormant. 6. Select File / Attributes / Close to close the family boco file. This will be re-generated when next time opening the project. 7. Now right mouse click on Parts and select “Delete empty Parts”. Now the empty parts should disappear. 8.Save the project
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?