June 6, 2022 at 10:32 amFAQParticipant
There are multiple refinement methods when generating tet volume meshes in Fluent Meshing. Some are legacy and the two most commun options to defines growth rates for tet meshes are :
– Geometric : used when a global growth rate is used everywhere and no Body Of Influence are needed. The growth rate is defined in the Tet panel. –
Size field : used when multiple growth rate are defined at different places of the model and if Body Of Influence are needed. The growth rate is defined in the Sizing (Scoped or Functions) panels.
For both the Refinement Method must be the default : adv-front . For those 2 options the growth rate is based on edge length, not on cell volume.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- How to reverse surface normal in SpaceClaim?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Swept Multizone Meshing
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Blocking Improvement Using Edge Parameters and Vertex Alignment
- How to Change the Direction of the Normal Vector of the Internal Face?