Tagged: 19, mechanical, Multibody, structural-dynamics, structural-mechanics
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
This is doable with a command snippet below each condensed part (with APDL of course). Be careful, at this level we are only at the generation pass level, therefore the only supported command are the following ones : ALPHAD BETAD MP,ALPD MP,BETD TB,SDAMP,,,,ALPD TB,SDAMP,,,,BETD Basically, for a 2% damping occuring for instance at 100 hz, we might put BETAD,0.02/(Pi*100) below the condensed part. Please also keep in mind that the use pass is performed in RBD and all the existing damping coefficients (for instance “C” for any joint) are still available. Special damping features (in the use pass) need to be used and defined with python scripting only (because RBD solver context)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
- What is mass moment of inertia in Point Mass used for?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.