- All Categories
- How to define a post-processing plane inside a subdomain only?
Tagged: Ansys CFD-Post, Plane
June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
In CFX, subdomains can have complicated forms and can consist of many bodies distributed in the entire domain. To create a plane in ANSYS CFD-Post, by default, it is impossible to select subdomains only. Moreover, the “inside” CEL function is not available in CFD-Post and using the “step” CEL function may be very cumbersome. So, this is a workaround to create a plane in a subdomain only:
1. Creating a new Additional Variable in ANSYS CFX-Pre, before the calculation: – Variable Type=Unspecified – Tensor Type = Scalar – In the domain, selecting Option = “Algebraic Equation”, and Value = the equation “inside()@subdomain”. This variable defines the limits of the subdomain, with a value = 1 inside the subdomain, 0 elsewhere.
2. Running the calculation
3. In CFD-Post, creating the wanted Plane in the whole domain.
4. Then Creating an Iso-Clip on this Plane, with a Visibility Parameter set with the previously created Additional Variable with a value >=1. ->In this way, the Iso-Clip shows the Plane in the Subdomain only.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How to get information about mesh cell count and cell types in Fluent?
- ANSYS EnSight: Overview of Postprocessing a Fluent Case in EnSight
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulation of a Rotating Propeller – Part 2
- How to create an Isovolume based on criteria from multiple variables
- How can I read a number of Fluent transient data files into CFD-Post as a single case?
- ANSYS CFX: User Locations in Transient Simulations
- Comparison of Experimental and CFD data within ANSYS EnSight
- Add Annotation to Graphics Display within Fluent
- How can I calculate the average and difference between two data files using CFD-Post?
- How do I get experimental data into CFD-Post?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.