Tagged: 2019 R1, cfd-post, fluid-dynamics, General
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
In order to define a volume location in CFD Post, one can use expression-based variables. There are two procedures: 1a) define an expression which has the value of 1 in the region to be defined as volume location, and value of 0 anywhere else For instance, expression which has a value of 1 in the region 0.25m < z < 0.75m and -0.025m < x < 0.025 can be defined as: step((Z-0.25[m])/(1[m])) * step((0.75[m]-Z)/(1[m])) * step((X+0.025[m])/(1[m])) * step((0.025[m]-X)/(1[m])) The function step(x) returns 1 when the x is positive, otherwise 0. 1b) define an expression based on the if function: if(Z<0.75 [m] && Z>0.25 [m] &&X<0.25 [m] && X>-0.25 [m],1,0) 2. define a new variable, select “Expression” as “Method” and choose the expression defined in step 1. 3. Insert -> Location -> Volume; select “Isovolume” as Method; Variable -> select the variable defined in step 2; Value = 1 Keywords: CFD Post, Volume, Iso-Volume, coordinates
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.