June 6, 2022 at 10:32 amFAQParticipant
To perform faster mesh independence studies in CFX, a 3D mesh can be simplified to a quasi-2D mesh by making it a 1-element thick sweep mesh. When performing this, the user should focus on node count. However, when comparing the mesh statistics between the 3D and quasi-2D meshes, the focus should be limited to skewness and orthogonal quality. This is because these two metrics are not influenced by the thickness of the sweep mesh while other metrics, like element quality and aspect ratio, are affected.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- How to extrude a face zone in Fluent?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- How to Fix the Error: “Mesh Exporter does not Support Overlapping Geometry in Named Selections”?
- Why my 2D mesh is appearing as a 3D mesh with a thickness of one cell in Workbench Meshing?
- ANSYS Student: Meshing Best Practices for Students
- ANSYS BladeModeler Overview: Design of a Centrifugal Compressor
- How to Compress a Mesh File?