June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
Save your design, and then make a change and then go to File > Save As > Save As New Version.
This will append a number to the end of the new save file and basically create a second copy of the design.
Now go to the Detail tab and on the right hand side, in the 3D Markup section, click on “New Slide”.
Now go to the Insert tab and insert the previous version of the same file.
Go back to the Detail tab and place a dimension on the change you just made as you normally would and then click on the “Original Dimension Values” button in the Detail tab in the 3D Markup section.
You will see an “Is” dimension and a “Was” dimension, where you can visually see the difference between the two pieces of geometry. You can then move the components around if you want it to be side by side instead of on top of each other.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I make Cross section easier to view (not in drawing sheets)?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Midsurfacing
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Imprinting Geometry
- ANSYS AIM: Convergence Tips for a Fluid Flow Simulation
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I reset the toolbar docking layout?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Weld Feature