January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
You can define a User Defined Memory (UDM) location in your UDF to check the source term in a cell of interest with the following command: C_UDMI(c,tc,0)=F_VAR(c,tc,THREAD_VAR(tc).fluid.source[i][j]); The above command will store the source value in the first UDM location (index 0) of the cell. Use: – i=2, if the source term refers to the x momentum equation – i=3, if the source term refers to the y momentum equation – i=4, if the source term refers to the z momentum equation – i=5, if the source term refers to the the energy equation And j is the index of the jth source (you can define several source terms for an equation) For example: – j=0 gives the source term number 1 on equation i – j=1 gives the source term number 2 on equation i Please note: – you have to define one User Defined Memory (UDM) location in order to use the snippet above through User Defined -> Memory … – you can use the macro to access sources which have been effectively defined in the cell zone of interest. If the source is not existing (i.e. has not been defined), Fluent will stop with a “Segmentation fault” error message
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to Predict Performance of Bioreactors and Mixing Tanks