June 6, 2022 at 9:57 amFAQParticipant
One can use a simple command snippet to do this. Here is a sample code for changing the contact siffness factor from 0.1 to 0.2 during load step 1 and back to 0.1 during load step 2. Note that the change in the stiffness factor is linearly ramped over the load step. If one wishes to change the load step in a nonlinear fashion, they may do so as piecewise linear table by introducing more points in the table definition. Also, please note that keeping the change in stiffness more gradual ensures a robust convergence behavior.
*DIM,fkn,table,3,1,,TIME ! Define a new table variable ‘fkn’ as a function of time
fkn(1,0) = 0.0 ! Define the row 1 (time) of the table
fkn(2,0) = 1.0
fkn(3,0) = 2.0
fkn(1,1) = 0.1 ! Define row 2(stiffness factor) of the table
fkn(2,1) = 0.2
fkn(3,1) = 0.1
RMODIF,cid,3,%fkn% ! Modify the real constant 3 of the contact elements ‘cid’
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.