March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
The frontal area can be calculated with the following CEL: IntegrationVariable = Normal X/abs(Normal X + 1e-8) FrontalArea = 0.5 * areaInt_x( IntegrationVariable )@Body This example CEL is for the frontal area in x-direction. With areaInt_x the integral of the area components in x-direction multiplied with an integration variable Phi is obtained. To obtain the area in x-direction, the integration variable must have a value of 1. However, as the x-component of the areas has a sign, the expression areaInt_x(1)@body will result in a value of zero for a closed surface. So use the integration variable Phi = Normal X/abs(Normal X) to obtain a +1 or -1 depending on the local area, and hence to obtain the integral of the absolute values of the area x-component. The small number is just required to avoid division by zero for area that have no x-component. The result is the double of the frontal area, so include the 0.5 to get the correct frontal area. Note that this approach works only for convex surfaces.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?