How to avoid the error/warning message “Unable to start message handler”when running ANSYS CFX in parallel
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
The following error/warning message can appear when running ANSYS CFX parallel: +——————————————————————–+ | Job Information at Start of Run | +——————————————————————–+ Run mode: parallel run (MPI) Job started: Wed Jun 7 12:33:05 2017 +——————————————————————–+ | ERROR #001100288 has occurred in subroutine CTRL_MESG_HANDLER. | | Message: | | The following message handling error occurred: | | Unable to start message handler. | | Hostname: newton01 | | Port number: 0 | | | | Messages will now be handled using a less robust method, | | with a greater risk of parallel deadlocks. | | | | Note: Ensure that the hostname shown above can be resolved | | from all hosts used for the run. | +——————————————————————–+ If this occurs, please check: -Network settings in /etc/hosts -Password-less ssh login -Check the default path (if the default path points to a gateway that is not reachable, password-less ssh and parallel simulations are possible, but the message handler is still unable to start and a less robust messaging method is used.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?