How to avoid the creation of images from all post-processing activities in the tree (contours, vectors, pathlines, xy-plots…)?
Tagged: 19.1, fluent, fluid-dynamics, General - FLUENT
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
When running Fluent in Workbench, Fluent will save images corresponding to all post-processing activities in the tree (contours, vectors, pathlines, xy-plots) at the end of calculation or if calculation is interrupted. This process can take dozen seconds, if a lot of contours or xy-plots have been defined. No workbench options have been defined yet to avoid this behavior. This may come in future release .The workaround (at release 19.1 and before) consists in adding the following lines in your .fluent file. (Create one if it doesn’t exist already) Lines to add in “.fluent”: (in-package graphics-manager (define-method (save-images) (pp “Ignoring ‘save-images’ function call”) )) Note that home directory on windows is: c:usersuser_name
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.