April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
To employ boundary conditions on a face zone, it is generally suggested to create a named selection during Meshing by selecting all the required faces. It is possible to create a named selection by selecting faces that belong to different geometrical bodies. However, upon import into Fluent, the named selection is fragmented and the boundary condition needs to be employed on each of the faces. This process can be cumbersome if the number of faces in a given named selection are large. To avoid this segmentation, in addition to creating a named selection for the required faces, the bodies to which these faces belong also need to be grouped into another named selection. As a result, when the mesh is imported into Fluent, the bodies that are now in the named selection are treated as a single cell zone. Consequently, the boundary faces that were part of the named selection are not segmented, and so the boundary condition needs to be employed only one face zone. Keywords: merge zone, segmented face zones
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1