How to avoid proximity sizing functions to refine across voids In Fluent Meshing Watertight Workflow (WTM) ?
March 17, 2023 at 1:10 pmSolutionParticipant
When Fluent Meshing WTM generates the sizing function field for surface mesh generation the regions have not yet been defined as fluid, solid or dead. It can therefore not know which surface proximity are important or not, so proximity is calculated over all selected surfaces. This will, for some models (especially when the model consists of one fluid region only), lead to a larger mesh than necessary. Users can set sizing functions in more advanced way to avoid refining surfaces on each side of void regions, for instance a thin solid this is not to be meshed, and thus reduce cell count.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?