How to avoid proximity sizing functions to refine across voids In Fluent Meshing Watertight Workflow (WTM) ?
Tagged: 2020 R2, FLUENT Meshing/Tgrid, fluid-dynamics, Watertight, Workflows
March 17, 2023 at 1:10 pmFAQParticipant
When Fluent Meshing WTM generates the sizing function field for surface mesh generation the regions have not yet been defined as fluid, solid or dead. It can therefore not know which surface proximity are important or not, so proximity is calculated over all selected surfaces. This will, for some models (especially when the model consists of one fluid region only), lead to a larger mesh than necessary. Users can set sizing functions in more advanced way to avoid refining surfaces on each side of void regions, for instance a thin solid this is not to be meshed, and thus reduce cell count.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.