How to avoid a crash of ANSYS Fluent when loading a case with referenced adjoint sensitivity fields?
April 13, 2023 at 7:33 amSolutionParticipant
There is a defect in ANSYS Fluent that provokes a crash of the Fluent application when you read a case that references sensitivity files that cannot be found. The location of the sensitivity files is saved as an absolute path. Therefore, moving the files to a different location provokes the crash already. This will be fixed in a future version of Fluent (later than 2019 R3). Three workarounds exist: 1. Remove the reference before saving the case 2. Load the case in the legacy serial version of Fluent 3. Edit the uncompressed case file and remove the reference manually The required steps for the workarounds are discussed in the attached document.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.