Tagged: .STL file
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
One cannot import an .STL file directly into Mechanical. However one can bring an STL file into Spaceclaim Direct Modeler, then attach that geometry in Mechanical. Generally .STL files are not able to capture geometry appropriately, but Spaceclaim can repair the .STL file, if needed.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- How to avoid SpaceClaim session freezing or slowing down for certain operations?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- Why might a 2D axisymmetric model fail to open in Mechanical?
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench