March 17, 2023 at 2:15 pmFAQParticipant
1. In the Surface Specification, select Individual sides to specify thermal and physical surface properties for individual sides of the block 2. Select the Side of the block where you want to define individual properties by selecting one of the options under Which side. 3. Enable Thermal properties for the currently selected side of the block. 4. From the drop down box, select External conditions and this allows you to specify a Heat transfer coefficient and a Reference temperature for the volume of space on the immediate exterior of the currently selected side of the solid block. The value of the ambient temperature is defined under Ambient conditions in the Basic parameters panel. If you are setting up a transient simulation, you can specify the heat transfer coefficient as a function of time. This option is available if you have selected Transient under Time variation in the Basic parameters panel. To edit the transient parameters for external conditions, select Transient and click Edit in the Individual side specification panel.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Are solid losses and eddy losses the same in Maxwell?
- How do I calculate inductance and resistance of a coil in post-processing phase?
- Cloud Computing from Electronics Desktop
- How I can export an equivalent circuit of a Q3D model?
- How to perform a material sweep?
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Motor Design Based on Electromagnetic and CFD Coupling
- Electric Motor Design Using Ansys Motor-CAD – Part 1
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part I
- EM_FAQ: How Maxwell computes the surface and volume force density?
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part V