How the imported trace data is mapped on the PCB layers? What would cause imported trace data to be mapped incorrectly?
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
The trace data is imported using source points. Source points are based on X,Y and Z location. When Imported trace data, it maps the source points with the mesh elements at its location. Thus imported trace data doesn’t direct map on geometry layers of PCB. When imported trace data doesn’t map on respective geometry, it means the location of source point is different than the PCB layers location. To check the imported source points, in the details of Imported Trace, turn ON ‘Display Source Points’. To map trace data correctly, make sure to import same ECAD file in SpaceClaim or DesignModeler. Or correct the geometry by changing its location as per the source points.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?