June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
The host reads the profile, and then this profile data is copied to each of compute cores. Since each core holds a copy, memory requirement per node will be equal to the number of cores on the node times the memory taken by the profile. For large profiles, this could pose a memory problem. Sometimes profile is written from outside Fluent. Such files may be large. In these cases, please read it serial and initialize the case in Fluent. Then write profile file from Fluent. This profile file is much smaller which you can use in Fluent parallel. Please also see solution # #2039888 for reorienting profile. Keywords: profile, parallel
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?