January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Solar Ray Tracing only tracks a ray until it reaches the first opaque wall, after this there is no more ray tracing done and with this no “real” reflection. In the boundary condition panels for walls absorptivity and (for semi-transparent walls) transmissivity has to be defined. 1 minus these values is the portion which is handled as reflected. The reflected solar flux will summed up and then distributed to the energy sources of all walls (with participation on solar ray tracing activated). This is also called as internally scattered energy. The fraction of the scattered energy which is distributed to the walls can be changed by the TUI command /define/models/radiation/solar-parameters/scattering-fraction The default value is 1 so all reflected energy is distributed. A value of 0 means all reflected energy is just taken out of the calculation.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Simulating Battery Pack Cooling System Using Ansys Fluent
- Thermal Analysis of a Radiator Using Ansys Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent Student: Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Heat Sink
- How do I determine if I must consider natural or forced convection?
- Plate Heat Exchanger Solver Setup in ANSYS Student – Part 1
- ANSYS Fluent: Overview of the Mapped Interface Technique for CHT Simulations (18.2)
- How much number of faces per cluster value should be used for S2S radiation model in ANSYS Fluent?
- ANSYS Fluent: Heat transfer in a Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger – Part 1
- What is difference in heat flux specified at the wall of a fluid domain and considering solid with the same heat source?
- Tips for resolving unphysical temperatures and poor convergence with CHT cases.